Reputable Rockville Attorneys Recognized Across the State for Superior Knowledge in Family-Related Litigation
In-depth family law knowledge aiding individuals in Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, and greater Maryland and Washington, D.C.
At the Rockville, Maryland law firm of Jo Benson Fogel, P.A., we take pride in helping individuals and families through the most difficult and sensitive times of their lives. Providing thorough estate planning, compassionate representation during divorce and separation, and steadfast support through estate administration, guardianship, and will contests, our attorneys are the only legal resource that Maryland families need.
A full-range of family law services to best meet your legal needs
Most people will face a family law dispute at some point in their lives. While these cases are common, finding a practitioner who is skilled in and dedicated to family cases is not. Family related legal issues are the firm’s priority, and our Rockville-based attorneys are proficient in a diverse range of family law matters:
- Prenuptial agreements: These are smart agreements for couples looking to establish clear expectations at the start of their marriage with respect to finances. Our prenuptial agreement attorneys draft fiscally responsible agreements that reflect the wishes of both parties.
- Postnuptial agreements: When circumstances change during a marriage, entering into a postnuptial agreement can enable spouses to clarify important financial rights and responsibilities. Our family law attorneys meet with clients at various stages of marriage, and provideseasoned counsel on how postnuptial agreements can be of benefit.
- Divorce: With more than three decades of experience handling divorce matters, our Rockville attorneys understand the full depth of issues—legal and emotional—that come along with divorce and the end of a relationship. We work closely with clients through the maze of paperwork and court processes.
- Child Access: The law firm of Jo Benson Fogel, P.A. is trusted by mothers, fathers, and supportive extended family to advocate for custody and visitation agreements that foster a healthy family reorganization following divorce and separation. We understand the fundamentals of a healthy visitation plan and put this knowledge to work for the benefit of your children and you.
- Marital property: During a divorce, a couple must move from a single household to individual households. This can be expensive, so division of marital property attorneys focus on safeguarding your rights to assets and property.
- Retirement asset transfers: The firm has familiarity with the intricacies of retirement asset transfers. We work tirelessly to protect clients’ income and benefits from retirement accounts.
- Spousal support: Our divorce attorneys carefully review with you the complicated state laws governing alimony, and aggressively advocate for a divorce agreement or court order that is in your best interests.
- Divorce order modification: After a divorce, it is not uncommon for the terms of the divorce agreement to become outdated. Our divorce orders modification attorneys deftly navigate the post-decree process, to reflect your changed circumstances.
Sensitive, steadfast representation in estate planning, administration, and guardianship issues
A robust trust and estate practice rounds out the extensive family law focus at the law firm of Jo Benson Fogel, P.A.:
- Wills and probate: Wills, trusts, advance directives, powers of attorney and the like are important estate planning tools. The firm’s wills and estate planning attorneys leverage the full range of available tools, to ensure that your estate plan is comprehensive and comports with your wishes. Our trusts and estates attorneys also move Maryland families through the complex process of probating a will after the death of a loved one.
- Contested estates: Many wills pass through probate in fairly short order and with little conflict. In some cases, however, an estate contest is unavoidable. These are delicate cases in which family emotions run high. With more than three decades of experience litigating contested estate cases, our Rockville-based attorneys should be the first choice for individuals and families facing this prospect.
- Guardianship: Our guardianship and estate planning attorneys ensure that your estate plan contains appropriate provisions for guardianship of minors and dependent loved ones. For those who find themselves needing to establish guardianship, we are a go-to source for representation through this complicated legal process.
Appropriately tailoring the process to reach resolutions that protect your best interests
There are numerous means through which a legal issue can be resolved. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes, including settlement conferences and mediation, are often excellent processes to resolve family disputes outside of a courtroom. In some instances, however, litigation is an appropriate resolution. Our family law attorneys tailor case strategy to the specific needs and circumstances of each client. Regardless of the process through which we pursue resolution of your case, our Rockville ADR and litigation attorneys are consistent advocates. And, for all clients, we manage the burden of document production.
Contact our Rockville law firm for unparalleled family law and trust and estate experience
The Rockville law firm of Jo Benson Fogel, P.A. can help you with any family-related legal issue or dispute. Call (301) 468-2288 or contact us online today to explore how we can be of service to you.